We are the Benedict Cumberbatch Appreciation Society - or BCAS (which is pronounced Beecass, not B-C-A-S). This is a highly esteemed organistion with two founding members - BB and HAN. We are not the average fangirl stalkers mind.... oh no. We do have other things in our lives apart from stalking a certain someone, but it should be recognised that Mr Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch deserves some recognition for his AWESOMENESS and general gobsmacking acting. We can't promise that we will blog all the time, but hopefully keep up with the latest Cumberbatch gossip as well as our reviews and ramblings. If you feel you are a worthy Cumberbatch supporter, feel free to subscribe, comment and input into the newly founded shrine for this amazing actor. Cheers.

Tuesday 30 August 2011

A Little Look Forward to 'War Horse'

Hello again readers, it’s BB here. It seems like ages since I last blogged, so my apologies. Please forgive me.

Just thought I’d bring to your attention the trailer for ‘War Horse’, a Steven Spielberg film based on the book by Michael Morpurgo, in which Benedict Cumberbatch is starring as Major Stewart. Again, I must confess that I haven’t actually read the book, although a few years ago I did see the New London Theatre’s production of it, which was magnificent, and I highly recommend that you go and see it.

So anyway, 'War Horse' is set in World War I, and is basically about the bond between a boy and his horse, which is sold to the cavalry when the war breaks out. I can’t remember all that much of the plot, which, to be perfectly honest, is probably a blessing as it means that I can’t reveal too much / ruin the ending for anyone.


Being a Spielberg film, I’m sure that it will contain some amazing shots and images, hopefully including quite a few of our man BenMaBeb. I found a little interview of him and a couple of the other members of the cast - the sound quality isn't all that great, but it's Benedict, so I really don't mind:


So, War Horse is out on the 13th January here in England. It's a long way off, but hopefully it'll be worth the wait! We've got 'Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy' to keep us Cumberbatch fans going until then anyway. As a little side note, I did order the book off Amazon and start reading it, but at about page 50, I realised that all the technical spy jargon was a bit too much, and I reckon I'll just watch the film instead. Don't get me wrong, I do love reading and have a pretty extensive book collection, but Le Carré certainly isn't casual holiday-by-the-pool reading. I might go back to it later after I've seen the film.

Thanks for reading, and please do subscribe, comment and spread the word. (I know we keep asking, but it really would mean a lot to us.)


Cheers,

BB :)

"Is that a British Army Browning L9A1 in your pocket, or are you just pleased to see me?"  --- Moriarty

No comments: