We are the Benedict Cumberbatch Appreciation Society - or BCAS (which is pronounced Beecass, not B-C-A-S). This is a highly esteemed organistion with two founding members - BB and HAN. We are not the average fangirl stalkers mind.... oh no. We do have other things in our lives apart from stalking a certain someone, but it should be recognised that Mr Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch deserves some recognition for his AWESOMENESS and general gobsmacking acting. We can't promise that we will blog all the time, but hopefully keep up with the latest Cumberbatch gossip as well as our reviews and ramblings. If you feel you are a worthy Cumberbatch supporter, feel free to subscribe, comment and input into the newly founded shrine for this amazing actor. Cheers.

Friday 22 July 2011

"I have been reliably informed that I don't have one" - Snatches of information on Sherlock Series Two

Hi, its HAN. I will of course be posting Sherlockian quotes for the third episode 'The Great Game" pretty soon, but I just wanted to share the news that I have gleaned about the second series (or season for our viewers across the pond) of Sherlock. I am gobsmackingly excited about the prospect of more Sherlock stories to ponder over, and more Cumberbatch screen time to slobber over:


Like the first series/season, there will be three, ninety-minute episodes, called 'A Scandal in Belgravia', 'The Hound of Baskervilles' and 'The Reichenbach Fall'. These episodes are based on 'A Scandal in Bohemia', 'The Hound of the Baskervilles' and 'The Final Problem'. 'The Final Problem' is the Conan-Doyle story where Holmes and Moriarty face each other for a 'final battle'. This suggests that there may only be two series/seasons, before the Sherlock crew pack up. This is only my guesswork, so don't quote me on it.



The filming began on 16th May 2011, and should be aired in Autumn 2011. The METRO paper managed to steal some snaps of BenMaBeb doing some action scenes in Soho, London. Apparently, they had to start filming at dawn so they didn't get mobbed by fans. Personally, I think they filmed at dawn for dramatic effect as part of the story. You know, you can't always believe what the newspapers say.


Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, the creators of the show have said that the second series concerns three of the most famous Sherlock Holmes stories, after dealing with the slight situation of getting out of the swimming pool without being blown up by the bomb or shot to smithereens by Moriarty's marksmen. Any ideas how you get out of that one? Suggestions in the comment bar :)
The second series also is said to develop the characters of Holmes and Watson. 
Moriarty:"I will burn the heart out of you."
Sherlock: "I have been reliably informed that I don't have one"
"You can't just go back to: 'You have no emotions.' 'I don't care.' You've got to move on somewhere and make sure the other characters have something of a journey too" say Moffat and Gatiss. They want to show through the next instalment that Sherlock really does have a heart and that he and Watson do grow closer and learn to accept each others differences.... to an extent. Well, its Sherlock Holmes - how much can he accept of normal human life? :)


Well thats about it for Series/ Season two of Sherlock. If I have missed any news out, or anybody has important updates, feel free to comment.


Cheers,
HAN


"I am very flattered. I have also become a verb as in I have cumberbatched the UK audience apparently. Who knows, by the end of the year I might become a swear word too." - Benedict Cumberbatch

No comments: